1.5. Chapter Review Questions
- What is an algorithm?
- Are computers the only things that can perform the operations
in an algorithm?
- What are important types of information?
- What are very distinct important ways that information is stored?
- What is a bit?
- Look at our brief mention of a Jaquard loom.
In a Jacquard loom, how is a single bit of information stored?
What two choices does it represent?
- Does a computer generally execute a C# program directly?
Briefly, what transformation happens first?
- Is coding the only thing important in developing a real-world
application? What are other important parts of the process?
- Is computer science all about writing computer programs? What are
some important large areas of concern in computer science?